Located In Decatur, Alabama
Decatur, affectionately known as “The River City”, is located in Northern Alabama on the banks of Wheeler Lake, along the Tennessee River. Decatur is also conveniently located to the Huntsville International Airport.
What We Do
ISS serves a variety of transportation intermediaries, agents and shippers throughout the U.S. From independent broker agents to large transportation firms. We are helping companies of all sizes streamline their operations, save money and improve service.
We have the following openings available. Software Sales Representative & Customer Support Specialist
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrable success selling software in the trucking industry or related field
- Minimum 5 years in direct sales or a sales related position
- Degree preferred, but will consider in-depth experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for interacting with both novice and experienced computer users
Initial Sales Activity
- Identify new prospects from either call-ins, email requests for information or cold calling.
- Contact, qualify, and follow-up on leads obtained from new prospect research.
- Determine prospect needs from interviews and working with the Customer Support Specialist (CSS) on technical requirements.
- Demonstrate product capabilities and functionality.
- Close and process sales.
- Train new customers.
- Assist CSS in scheduling and ensuring successful software installations
Ongoing Sales Activity
- Market updates to existing customer base.
- Develop ongoing relationship with each customer with contact at specified intervals.
- Work with CSS to schedule updates.
- Assist CSS in marketing renewals for customer support.
- Update supervisor on prospect activity, closings, and follow-up schedule.
- Provide backup to CSS for handling overflow customer technical support.
- Project professional company image with responsiveness, communication, and appearance.
- Manage credit card processing of subscriptions and rental software.
- Assist marketing in developing new sales material.
- Work with accounting on customer payments.
- Attend industry trade shows, conferences and/or sales training seminars as requested.
Education & Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in a customer support position, preferably in a related industry
- Specific knowledge of FoxPro, PHP, and MySQL desired
- Degree preferred, but will consider indepth experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for interacting with both novice and experienced users
- Resolve customer support issues from initial identification to final resolution. Includes using customer support tracking system (BridgeTrak 8.0) to monitor progress. If needed, CSS will research and replicate identified problems, coordinate with software development on necessary software changes, and install and test resulting solutions
- Participate in new customer installations, either as primary installer or as support to customer’s IT person
- Train existing customer on new software and updates
- Create and update customer profiles using customer support tracking system (BridgeTrak 8.0)
- Manage customer updates to include coordinating with sales personnel, scheduling, implementing, and recording in customer support tracking system
- Test software changes in user role
- Provide IT support for ISS to include installing new software and updates, performing weekly backups of all systems, troubleshooting system issues and interacting with software vendors
- Market customer support packages and renewals to installed customers
- Update supervisor on performance, resource needs, and customer status weekly
- Verify customer status with accounting department before issuing product keys
- Provide technical support for sales personnel to integrate customer platform with ISS software packages
- Attend trade shows, conferences and training seminars as needed
- Document customization projects